The End of Poem-a-Day and Other Complicated Systems of Time Measurement

As you may recall, I was writing a poem each day for the month of April.  How long did I last?  I made it about halfway through again.  What happened then on May 1st?  I wrote 3 poems. It's good.

Matthew planted grass last week, and now we have more grass!  And we have a pretty little patch of lilies of the valley, which are friendly to look at.   It's nice out today, so I'm sitting on the back porch collecting fruit flies in my wine and letting the mosquitoes chew on me a little. Yesterday, it was not so nice, and I watched a black-striped cat army-crawl through my yard toward a bunny.  The bunny decided to approach it, then sniffed the cat's face a bit.  I didn't want to know what happens next in that kind of situation, so I went outside to intervene and they took off in opposite directions. Now I may never know what happens in that kind of situation.

Today is Wednesday.  Each day toward the end of a semester, I say to myself "Today is _____, that means tomorrow is ________" so I can remember what needs to get done.  How is this still a problem if I have no semester?  I'm not sure.  But tonight, I told Matthew, "After May 15th, everything will be settling down again, and I'll go back to yoga regularly, and I'll cook nice things, and we can plant chard and beans and basil.." And I realized that I've said the exact same each May for 7 years.  (Well, the vegetables have changed over the years...)

I need to learn about moon-time-- something more reliable than poem-a-day and semesters to track my days.




Comments

Popular Posts