I Made the List

I got an email from AWP letting me know my panel wasn't accepted. I was very OK about it. I mean, with so many panel proposals, I wasn't too surprised. My dear friend Danielle Jones-Pruett's panel on poetic form made the cut, so I was happy anyway, and I sent her a message to be excited with her.

THEN. She had been going through the list of accepted events, and there was my name! It's not for the panel I proposed on the good things you can do for the world with your MFA, but for a panel I'd forgotten I'd signed up to participate in! I'm excited about the panel-- it's on "The Post-MFA Hustle." If I've been doing anything since my MFA, it's hustling. I feel like it's something I know well and can talk at length about:


The Post MFA Hustle: Surviving (Literally
and Creatively) in the Current Climate.
(Christine Utz, Bradley Warshauer, Angela
Voras-Hills, Jon L Peacock, Robert Walker)
Emerging writers write; they also work as
adjunct professors, editors, high school
teachers, arts administrators, performers,
librarians, and volunteers. Many have
multiple income streams. On this panel, MFA
graduates from diverse programs will provide
practical information on career paths and
employment options; offer reassurance that
the MFA remains a viable pathway to a life of
letters; and discuss ways to clear space for
meaningful creative work amidst the
demands of the hustle.

See you in Boston!

P.S. GRE is in 2 days. No matter how much I study, the Quantitative Reasoning section and I DO NOT get along. Grrr...

Comments

Popular Posts