So Much to Do, So Little Headspace

I participated in another round of poem-a-day last month. Have I already mentioned this?  I was in a bit of a fog about it (last month was a bit foggy in general), but it was my most successful stab at it yet:  I wrote about 20 poems and a few starts of poem-like things.  I honestly don't remember writing half of them, so it's a little disorienting to read them now. But in a good way. Like someone else dug around in my head, pulled out some strings, and knit them together.  I'm happy about these poems I didn't remember writing. They're like $5 in the pocket of my winter coat.

During poem-a-day, I was looking through my old notebook for snippets I could use, and I stumbled upon this AMAZING poem, and thought, "Woah. When did I write this?!" Then I realized I hadn't written it. It was a poem by Zach Savich that I loved so much that I wrote it in my notebook.  At least I realized it before I started sharing it with people...

So, in addition to writing poems and recently having some poems accepted (hooray! details soon), and going to the Wisconsin Book Festival (which has been amazing) and the WFOP conference, and writing so much, I've also been DIYing like a home-schooling mom on speed. I went through this compulsive stay-at-home-mom-blog binge, and pinned the hell out of tutorials. Then, I spent days creating things.  I've macramed plant hangers, made clay beads, sewed together these adorable alphabet magnets for the twin baby nieces... my house is a disaster.

On that note. I just got an email from America's Test Kitchen reminding me that Thanksgiving is only 2 weeks away.  Hooray! I'm so excited it makes me want to nap!



Comments

Popular Posts