Well, week, you have gone by.

This is the first time a full week has passed before an update.  In my defense, I got a day job a few weeks ago, so I've had 40 hours fewer per week to do so many things.  This week has been particularly crazy-- I've been planning the middle school Spring Picnic, going to poetry readings, teaching in prison, and it was my birthday on Wednesday.  Also, today, I'm on a panel at the UW-Writers' Institute, & I'm teaching "Secrets of Famous, Prolific Writers" tomorrow, & then I'm finally celebrating my birthday.  Phwew!  AND. I've been writing a poem each day and cooking actual dinner almost every day (click here for my new favorite fast recipe).  Believe it.

So, to follow up with some previous posts:  I'm continuing to get wonderful, friendly rejection letters-- even on old poems I'd forgotten I'd submitted.  My cousin, Josh (see last post), only made it to round 2 on The Voice.  I've never seen the show, but I assume it sucks more now than I assumed it sucked before. There are bunnies mating in my backyard.  The identity of the green plants growing where they play is still unknown to me, but I'm hoping there will be baby bunnies sleeping in it soon.  And speaking of babies, I got to see my sweet-baby-nieces this weekend, and they are getting so big! 


I have a list of 5 things I actually want to write about here.  Stay tuned.  I will have some time to write them soon!



Comments

Popular Posts