Poem in Verse Wisconsin

If you don't remember, I wrote a poem in response to the work of Ellsworth Kelly at MMoCA and read it at the museum's Gallery Night in March along with a group of other Wisconsin poets.  It was a lovely time, and it was interesting to see where other poets went with Kelly's work.  If you're not familiar with Ellsworth Kelly, he does things like this:

Red Blue
I'm the type of person who enjoys a good story, so while I appreciate what Kelly's doing, I won't pretend that I'm really into this sort of thing.  It took a long while for a poem to come of it.  I realized that in order for it to appeal to me, it needed to tell a story.  So I looked for the story the art was telling.  And I found it was a story of my own.  (Which it usually is in some way when we experience art, right?)

Anyway, the poem I wrote in response to this particular piece is up at Verse Wisconsin now.  You can read it here.  And be sure to read the rest of the magazine! The folks at VW do amazing things to keep Wisconsin poets connected and up to speed on what's happening around the state!




Comments

Popular Posts