'tis the season

I woke up to plows on the streets, but didn't realize the sound was plowing until I looked out the backdoor window and saw the  light cover of snow.  A bunny was trying to climb the metal pole holding my new bird feeder.  When he saw me, he ran away.  He might've actually been licking the shortening off of the pole.  Yesterday, Matthew and I watched a squirrel shimmy up to the feeder.  It was pretty great.  As soon as he made it to the top, he'd get 3 paws onto the feeder, holding onto the pole with his last back paw, then he'd lose his fat-squirrel balance and flip to the ground.  To make it more fun, we decided to grease the pole.  But the squirrel learned to just shake the pole so the seed comes to him.  That is far less entertaining.

Tomorrow begins the 6 days of Christmas and I'll be making kolaches and Mexican wedding cookies.    Today, I spent the morning making angel food candy & caramel cashew bars to add to my already large stash of candies and cookies.   Mostly, I'm excited to go to Matthew's brother's house to drink gluhwein and roast chestnuts.  It'll be my first roasted chestnut experience ever.

OH! But most importantly. A great day for politics:


 


Comments

Popular Posts