Catching up on things, Part 3: Who Are the People in Your Neighborhood?

Look who lives across the street from me!  Matthew & I were out walking and saw a couple taking pictures at something in the sky.  It was this guy-- an Eastern Screech Owl.  He lives in a large tree across the street.

Last night, I heard him whinny, so went to check him out again.  His partner came out, too, and they sat on a branch together for a while before she disappeared back into the hole.

About a minute later, a squirrel skittered down their tree, and the male went after it, missing.  Then, the female came out of the hole and went after it, also missing, but I didn't see the squirrel after that, so I'm not sure where it ended up.  I love my neighborhood!

Of course, it's hard to get a good photo of him, because he only hangs around at night, but I'll keep trying!

Comments

Popular Posts