Hello Books, I'm Home

I went to the library a half hour before they closed to pay my over $20 fine so I can check out books and put them on hold again. Of course their computers were down when I got there, but they let me check some out anyway. This was nice of them, but what does one grab in the final fifteen minutes of library hours? Lots of books on the paranormal, apparently. I picked up a book of real-life stories of haunted houses, Haunted America, that I had to stop reading.  At this point, I only have one book left in my pile of 20 that is still appealing to me: The Girls' History and Culture Reader. This isn't paranormal, but has a pretty cover. I went straight for paranormal or pretty.

Mostly, I wanted to pay my fine.  I love having books in my library cart & in my hold queue-- I feel very empty without a long list of books knowing they are wanted.  I'll have to go back tonight to return these paranormal books & pay my fine.

I miss books. Good books. Especially good books with poems inside.

Comments

Popular Posts