Northern Harrier vs. Bunny

Carter came out of his room yelling for me. He'd heard squealing & screeching, then a thump against his bedroom window-- A Northern Harrier had dropped the tiniest baby bunny. It landed in the neighbor's driveway.

We went outside to urge the bunny into a safer, less-concrete place. The Harrier watched from a tree 20 feet above us. Then, the bunny was beneath the porch. We went for a walk.

I couldn't help but wonder if we'd done the right thing. As noted previously, the abundance of bunnies in my neighborhood makes me uncomfortable. I don't think there is an abundance of Harriers. Maybe the Harrier had little bills to fill...

After the walk, a bunny lay in a suspicious way on the side of the house. I assumed it to be the baby's mother. But what do I know about bunnies?

Comments

Popular Posts