A Weekend in Madison

Well, this is the first (and sadly one of the last) weekends in Madison for a long while, so I will brag about all of the great things there are to do in Madison on a summer weekend.

My weekend kicked off with an evening of sitting around a little living room with people excited enough about poetry to spend an evening reading it aloud.  My friend, Chloe (who makes wonderful jewelry and is a wonderful person and also a wonderful writer), read from Anne Carson's Autobiography of Red. I'd read it as an undergad, but I'd forgotten why I was so excited about it.  So, I'm glad to have remembered and will be reading it again soon.

Saturday started with a little bike ride to yoga, followed by a bike ride to pick up the CSA, followed by a few episodes of Lost, followed by the Summer Solstice Bonfire and Procession of the Species at Olbrich Park. We didn't actually stick around for the bonfire, because we forgot to eat dinner, but the Procession was good fun. I'm a sucker for community gatherings. 

And today I'll be at Absolutely Art, trading in all of my old paper and beads and fabric for someone else's old craft-things at the Re-Art Swap.


There should be more weekends in the summer, so one can do all of these things AND spend a day hiking at Devil's Lake.






Comments

Popular Posts