I can never keep it together in the beginning of summer. All of my sentences trail off. A baby bunny chews the grass I just planted. A hot pink poster-board sign tells me to say goodbye to the old oak, the one in which the Screech Owls live. A cat digs up the pansies I just planted and shits in their dirt... See? Before one thought ends, something happens, and I've alighted onto some other branch, someone else's front porch.

Yesterday, I bought a new notebook and registered for the GRE.  All of this and rhubarb crumbles and crisps and strawberries. I've been meaning to write about my CSA produce, because it's wonderful, and, let's face it, some kind of blogger right of passage.  But each time I sit down to talk about my amazing fruits & veggies, I end up in the backyard, staring at things. Or suddenly I'm on my bicycle. Where am I going all the time in the sun? 


Well, today I went to the polls. I can't even talk about it yet. There is all sorts of good yelling going on in Madison. I can hear it from the Square. It makes me want to sit in my car & honk... it also makes me nervous. 30 minutes left.






Comments

Popular Posts