Oh, right, I have a blog... What have I been doing with myself?

I've been trying to cram a whole mess of week into two days.  I suddenly have all of these appointments and meetings, and I'm leaving tomorrow, dark-n-early, so I had to schedule them all for yesterday and today, which meant preparing for them all weekend.  This is the opposite of poem-a-day.  It's more a little more like fight or flight mode.

C didn't have school last Friday, so a friend slept over on Thursday.  Although they're at an age that doesn't require a lot of parental oversight & entertainment, it's pretty tricky to get any real work done with two boys recording music or filming movies in the next room.  I tried to make the most of the distraction by cleaning the house thoroughly.  Of course, by the time the friend left, there was little evidence of my scrubbing remaining.

Somehow everyone I know was born in February, which makes for a lot of getting together, which I'm not complaining about, but it's easy to lose track of time when you're always getting together.  Friday, I drove up to Appleton for my lovely sister-in-law's bowling birthday party.  We got to the bowling alley at 7:45 and left at about 1:30.  And we only bowled 3 games, 3 people to a lane. I won't pretend we didn't turn it into a dancing alley... Out of the 6 of us, I came in 2nd each time, scoring 97,97,95. I don't think that's a high score, but it's consistent.  And I am nothing if I'm not consistent.  (Well, sometimes.)

Comments

Popular Posts