Teaching Things

The UW Writers' Institute schedule has been finalized, and in April I'll be teaching a time-management workshop called "Secrets of Famous Prolific Writers" and a 15 minute crash course called "Poetry for Fiction Writers."  I'll also be conducting private manuscript consultations.  If you're a fiction or non-fiction writer, take a look at the schedule and come!

Also, last night, I went to prison for training, and I start teaching poetry next Monday.  I'm rather excited.  I'll be co-teaching with some lovely people who've created a syllabus that looks really interesting.  Our topic on Monday-- super heroes.  I'm not sure that I'll talk much here about prison teaching, because there are rules, and when there are rules, I tend to fear breaking them without knowing I'm breaking them, and in such an instance, when prison is involved, I'm a bit more intimidated by the rules than usual.  But, I'm hoping to teach biweekly, and I think it should be pretty wonderful.  Mostly, it is splendid already because there are deer running around the grounds.



Comments

Popular Posts