I give up

Well, I've given it 230 out of 330ish pages, but I quite frankly could care less about what happens to Moll Flanders.  Wait. I know what will happen to Moll Flanders-- she will die. But I could care less about how Moll Flanders dies or what happens to her until she does.  So, I'm reshelving it and pulling out Jude the Obscure.  I think I'm ready for perspective and tragedy.

The past few days have been highway days, and I haven't had much small-thinking time. Milwaukee was great, but it was about 3 degrees outside and the wind was blowing roughly 358 mph on the lake.  I choked on it any time I went to the shore to look for Snowy Owls.  Of course, despite my bravery, we didn't see any.

Matthew dropped me off at Woodland Pattern Books while he met with school folk, and I bought a few great books, including Brigit Pegeen Kelly's Orchard (why didn't I own this already?) and Elizabeth Robinson's Apprehend.  I also picked up the the latest issue of Fence, because there's some wonderful in it.

I've had a lot of people-days as of late, which is a bit unusual for me.  Between interviews and brunches and dinners and drinks... a lot of people time.  Some of the-most-fantastic-people time, I'm not complaining, but more peopling than I'm used to.  Matthew starts school this week, so we've been trying to get out as much as possible before the law-book lock-down.




Comments

Popular Posts