a masquerade. for real. kind of.

A few weeks ago, Matthew & I were walking down Willy St., and I mentioned that I couldn't wait until we lived in a big enough house to hold a masquerade ball.  Of course, the house I envisioned was really a castle, and the time period was really a few decades ago (at least), BUT.  Shortly thereafter I received an email from a friend informing me of a Masquerade at High Noon Saloon.

Though very much not our typical scene (by which I mean not our house or the library? as though we have a scene?), we had a pretty great time, particularly putting our masks together before the ball and having a pre-ball drink with friends.


Of course, as soon as we got there, I realized my camera batteries were dead.  So, no pictures.  I was a peacock & Matthew wore a mask and a tie & cardigan so that he looked like he'd just stepped out of a Meatyard photo.  People were seriously disturbed.  It was pretty wonderful.

(Wait! Look! We had our picture taken there & the guy sent it to us! Not the best picture-- Matthew was much creepier than he seems here.)




Comments

Popular Posts