The only awful thing about Madison (that I haven't come to terms with)

is that we don't have a bookstore at which one can peruse books of poetry and stumble upon small press books or journals.  So, next week, Matthew & I will drive to Milwaukee to visit Woodland Pattern Books to look at books and buy books and read books.  In particular, I'm excited about, & hope to find, Emily Pettit's Goat in the Snow.

Also, there is no snow in sight, but a Snowy Owl has been sighted regularly at the South Shore Marina in Milwaukee.  Guess where we'll be stopping?  I need to see a Snowy during this irruption, or I might throw myself into the not-yet-frozen-waters.  Which, by the way, people are standing on to fish?  Really?  Ice fishing is so important to you that you'll attempt it when there's not even ice?    



Comments

Popular Posts